Question
Posted by: mpho | 2008/06/23

Preggies again and Shirodka

Doc

i found out on Friday that i will be 6wks preggies with my 2nd child in a few days time but have not gone for a scan yet. i had a shirodka with my first son born in 2002 and being preggies now will i have to have a shirodka again. i am only seeing my gynae on 01/07/2008 - it is then that i can confirm the status on my pregancy. i am 34 yrs old now and this came as a blessing since i was about to throw a towel on any chances of another baby. i have not yet told hubby since i need to confirm this and be definite.

You would need to have another stich/cerclage at about 13 weeks so its okay to wait to see your doctor

1
Posted by: Gillian | 2008/06/23

Hi Mpho,

I'm i n the same position and also had to go for the stitch at 14 weeks. I am now 31 weeks and waiting patiently. If it was successful the first time, I am sure that your doc will recommend it again. Very safe for you and baby. Good luck!

Reply to Gillian