Question
Posted by: TEMMY | 2008/09/01

PREGGIES

I'  m 13 weeks preggies and I'  ve started gaining weight,that doesn'  t worry me but I want to maintain this weight up till my 18 week,reason being Im getting married during that time so I dont want to gain too much weight after my wedding it will be ok with gaining weight but for now please help,bcos I dont want to make my baby suffer and I dont want to gain too much weight...its only 4wks to go,,,,,,,what can I eat everyday to maintain balance diet for my baby and me mot gaining weight

Dear Temmy
Congratulations on both your pregnancy and your upcoming wedding. It is not a good idea to use strict or unbalanced diets during pregnancy as this will harm you and the baby. So I would suggest that you try using an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and doing some gentle exercise like going for walks in the fresh air or swimming (heated pool) to increase your energy output (but check with the dr who is supervising your pregnancy if you are allowed to do exercise or not). Because you are pregnant please add another 2 cups of fat-free milk or yoghurt to the suggested foods in the slimming diet because you need to have 1200 mg of calcium a day to build strong teeth and bones for your baby.
Wishing you everything of the very best for your wedding and also for the birth.