Question
Posted by: Chanel | 2010/05/20

Preggers on 1 ovary

Dear Doc

I have just found out that I am pregnant with my second child. Both pregnancies have happened with 1 ovary (the other ovary was removed about 3 years ago).

Am I very fortunate to be pregnant again so soon, considering I ony have the 1 ovary and many woman with 2 ovaries often battle to conceive?

Thank you.

The one ovary takes over the function of two, so this is not really a problem.

3

Posted by: Zama | 2010/05/21

CONGRATULATIONS!! You are so lucky. It took me quite a while to conceive and I had both ovaries BUT one blocked tube. Took me just over three years to conceive!!

Enjoy your pregnancy. It was God''s will.

Reply to Zama
Posted by: DJ | 2010/05/21

Hi Chanel.
Im so happy for u.
I also only have one onary and conceived my first child very soon.(straight after I left the pill).
Im ttc for my 2nd child and 1 mnths over already...dunno how long it will take now becos i have RA aswell....
how long after the pill did u conceive ur 2nd child?

Reply to DJ