Question
Posted by: girly | 2011/01/31

Preg Vitamins

hi Doc, im 34 weeks preggies, and my gynae put me on pregnavit and caltrate plus (calcium supplements) since 14 weeks. i was wondering if the calcuim supplement is not an overdose of what im already taking with the pregnavit. i have realised though the calcuim on pregnavit is a bit low. however again the ladies i have spoken to, none is on calcium supplement. is it common to have calcium supplements during pregnancy, despite the vitamins.

It is just an extra precaution, not an overdose.

3

Posted by: Star | 2011/01/31

Funny you should ask, With my twins I was on vits and caltrate, 8 yrs ago, this time I am only on pregnavit. It is the same gynae and I am not going to question her, cause I hated taking the calcium. This preg I am also having less problems with my teeth and less cramps, don''t think it has anything to do with it, just mentioning.

Reply to Star