Question
Posted by: TJ | 2010/04/08

PREG - MORNING SICKNESS

h i, i am 6 weeks preg if going according to my last period, i started feeling very nauseaus last night and on and off today with certain foods but now my body esp my lower back is sore and i feel cold and very nauseaus. can this all be a sign of morning sickness or with the sore body is it more likely a bug coming along?

It could be either. Wait and see what happens.

4
Posted by: TJ | 2010/04/09

thanks! i love ginger so the biscuits will be nice and also lemon juice..if this is a viral infection or a bit of a bug because of the sore body mostly groin area, lower back bum and legs, can it in any way affect the baby??

Reply to TJ
Posted by: Racoon | 2010/04/09

Sniff and sip water with lemon juice - was life saver for me.

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: Purple | 2010/04/09

Morning sickness usually starts at around 6 weeks and stops between 12 and 14 weeks.

The feeling cold and having a sore back is more likely a cold or flu starting up though, or even a bladder infection if you have pain around your kidneys. I once had really bad flu and had pain in my lower back with it though. Check that you don''t have a temperature. You can take panado for this.

To help with the pregnancy nausea, try ginger. Grate ginger root and pour boiling water over to make a tea. Eating ginger biscuits nad having ginger beer/ale also helps.
Keep your tummy full all the time by nibbling on dry toast, snackbrea, pro-vitas and so on. Banana''s also help.
Sip water to keep yourself hydrated.
Avoid walking past smoking rooms and so on as the smell can set things off.

Reply to Purple