Posted by: Eish! | 2011-01-31

Preg girlfriend

Hi there. Can you please help me. My girlfriend is two months preg. It has been a bumpy road, she started hurting me with all this talk and later blame it on me. Today she told me that it''s better we stop seing each other. What should I do? I understand that some people behave this way when they are preg.

Well, the pregnancy was vreated by both of you, and both of you should work together in deciding how to deal with it and how to care for the child. Some women may indeed, as their hormones vary during prenancy, become more emotional and irritable, but it's not wise to assume that all conflict or disagreement during pregnancy is due to this.
Make it clear to her that you don't want to quarrel, and that you do want to be available to support and help her at this time. And see a counsellor together, if necessary, to make this easier for you both to achieve.

Posted by: Purple | 2011-02-01

Well she didn''t get pregnant all by herself, you must have helped so she is quite reasonable saying it was you. However, you can ask for a paternity test once the baby is born.

Women behave irrationally while pregnant due to the hormones - I''m a woman who is currently pregnant and I''m having a good laugh at some of the things I''ve done already.

Buy yourself a good book like Fab Dad, read it and then give her a call and tell her that you don''t want to stop seeing her and you want her to think about whether that is really what she wants. Buy her the book What to Expect When you are Expecting and tell her that whether you are with her or not, you are going to support her emotionally through the pregnancy and will be there for your baby (of course, only do this if you actually intend to).

Reply to Purple