Question
Posted by: sandra | 2010/07/13

Prednisone symptoms

I have been on prednisone for a week due to cellulitis. 2 tabs a day, I assume 5mg each. Week two I started taking 1 a day. It is now 5 days I have been on 1 a day.
I am experiencing severe fatique and nausea since just before I started on 1 a day. Is this normal? The dosage was so small for such a short time and I am tapering gradually.
What can it be?
Tx

Hi sandra
I don't think that the symptoms are due to the prednisone, there may be another underlying cause like a viral infection or urinary tract infection or irritation of the stomach due to the cortisone

2
Posted by: K | 2010/07/13

I was also on prednisone. I was on 2tabs twice a day. i also experienced nausea and bloating and indigestion. I am off them now. Doc said it can take up to 6 weeks for symptoms to fade.

Reply to K
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/13

Hi sandra