Question
Posted by: ?? | 2008/12/04

Prednisone

I have a 9 year old German Shephard. Like all German Shephards, he started to struggle with his hips. My landlord use to gave his dog Prednisone and he gave it to me now for his dog. I' ve given him 5mg a day this last 2 days. I can see a huge improvement!!! My question is how long can I give my dog these tablets as I heard that cortisone is not very healthy when using it continiously...

Dear ??

Prednisone should be a last option if used at all. There are much better and safer drugs available at your vet. Ask for advice there.