Posted by: suz | 2009-08-25

please would someone explain to me what pre-eclampsia means in a pregnancy? I am eight months pregnant and my lower admonimal section is always sore and i know about the ligament stretching and all that. I am also all of sudden feeling very light headed (more before I get hungry). I am also concerned as I do not feel her move as much, is this normal and is there a way I can get her too move?

Pre-eclampsis is a condition where there is high blood pressure in pregnancy. Warning signs are headaches, blurred vision and pain the upper abdomen.
Lower abdominal pain would not be a feature. The fetus does move less vigorously later in pregnancy as there is less space to move, but should still be making rolling movements.