Posted by: anon | 2009-02-04

pre-adolescent sexuality

My seven yr old son recently said that his eight yr old brother did a gross thing in the bath, he had sucked his ( then pointed at his penis) the brother said no it was his toe and the 7yr old said no it was and pointed again at his groin the two then left the room and came back with it was his toe. My concerns are obviously are these danger signs of something more sinister or just experimenting that needs to be stamped out and a lecture on privacy and behaviour given. Concerned parent

Probably not danger signs --- kids engage in various kinds of sexual exploration, and experimentation. Not a lecture, but a calm chat about privacy, behaviour, and limits to exploration --- and maybe start annongoing conversation on sexual matters. And explore very gently where the 8 year-old picked up the idea of fellation