Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2010/03/16

Prayer please

Good morning

Yesterday I did something so awfull and I do not know how to deal with it. I gave my stepdaughter back to her mom after looking after her for the past 9 years.

I still have my 6 and 8 year old children at home. My husband is not working and I have lost all faith. For the past 2 weeks I have had no electricity, I do not even know where the next meal will come from.

I am feeling so down and out and just wish there was some light in this tunnel. This morning I walked the kids to scool as there is no petrol.

I just don''t know how much longer I can carry on.

I'm wondering what exactly has been going on here. On the one hand, it makes sense that the child's birth mother ought to take the responsibility to care for her, if she is able to do so - but what matters most of all is the child - how would she understand suddenly being abandoned by the person caring for her, and pushed back to someone she may hardly know ? ( you don't mention the age of the child ).
Why was the birth mother not able to or bothering to, look after her own child for 9 years ?
But if you are undergoing severe financial hardship, it is understandable that you would want to try to care at least for your own children, though that also sounds difficult right now.
Are there not welfare organizations you could approach for some help in this desperate situation ? And though it may be difficult with your husband out of work, presumably the situation wasn't quite this desperate until recently - what changed ? Is it that your own earnings cannot support even subsistance care for your family ? Child welfare might be able to arrange foster homes for the children till you get back on your feet again.
What can other readers suggest to help here ?

3
Posted by: Happiness | 2010/03/16

It gets darker before the sun comes out. You will get through this and that''s how life goes. One main thing you need to do even if you find it hard is to have faith. I''m not a christian but I know God exist inside us all the time. Believe things are already going your way because that''s all it takes.

Reply to Happiness
Posted by: WJ | 2010/03/16

Dear Kelly

My heart goes out to u and ur family. I will remember you in prayer. Trust in the Lord Jesus and there is a miracle for you. Believe me when I say this, I''ve had miracles that I can never explain. All you need to do is trust and believe.
God Bless

Reply to WJ