Question
Posted by: Don | 2012/04/17

Pragnancy and moods

I just want to ask a simple question -0 Does it ever happen that a woman will experience mood changes.

My has changed since she became pregnant with our third child. She is forever moody. We would tlak and laugh in one minute, the next minute she has changed completely, as if I have done or said something wrong.

Sometimes she cries tears, and when I ask her what is wrong, she would say nothing is wrong. I do not know what to do anymore.

Can anybody tell me what is going on???? Can the pregnancy have such effects?????

Mood changes are very common in pregnancy due to the change in hormones. Try to be supportive.

2

Posted by: Annie | 2012/04/17

Yes! Pregnancy can have this affect.
Try asking her what is wrong when she is in a better mood. Ask her about her concerns. Ask her about how the baby is growing, anything to get her talking.
There is a thing like baby blues after baby is born, but it is possible to be a bit depressed during pregnancy as well.

But crying over little things, overreacting about everything and have a great laugh all in the same 30 minutes - this is the hormones!

Reply to Annie