Posted by: Nanana | 2009-03-24

practice registration

how can i register as a private practitioner in my rural area. i' m doing PhD in mental health

Sotty, Nanana, but I have absolutely no idea. IF you are training in psychology, you'd need to ask your lecturers and the Health Professiosn COuncil about whether your specific qualification will qualify you to register and practise as a clinical psychologist, and they can then also let you know about the paperwork and procedures needed to register. They're keen to encourage people to practise in rural areas, so your interest is likely to be welcomed. I'm just not sure, not knowing the particular degree course you mention, whether it is a theoretical / academic qualification, or a clinical qualification intended to emable one to practice clinically. IF not, one may need to take a further course in clinical psychology so as to be practically useful in those rural areas in treating their problems.