Question

Practical ways to calm down

Dear Doc,

I sent you this question a few days ago:

Do you know when a child cries for a long time and then calms down? They usually breathe in a few times in a row and very quickly in a rhythm like a-a-a and then they let the air out normally. Well, that happens to me for no apparent reason, when I'  m not crying or doing anything that requires much effort. It happens just out of the blue. I'  m 24, female. Is this normal?

I don' t have asthma and it happens without apparent reason. O could be eating, talking to someone, listening to music, or even reading. All of a sudden, I just breathe in a lot of air, three times in a row and without breathing any air out in between. Is it possible that I uncounsciously forget to breathe sometimes and then feel this need for air?

Refer to my reply on your second post.