Posted by: worried | 2013-01-01

ppossibly pregnant?

Hi Doc, happy new year! Last year may I started spotting a week before my period was due it continued on and off until September. I went to my gynae to get it sorted out but nothing showed up and she wasnt too worried about it. Now in the past month I have gained alot if weight and feel extremely bloated in my upper belly and very uncomfortable and very tired and irritable on a daily basis. I feel full constantly and I''ve noticed that my period even though it''s regular I am not shedding any lining, is this normal? Or could I be pregnant even though hubby and I are very careful? Please help this uncomfortable feeling and weight gain is starting to make me nuts. Thank-you

If your periods are normal and you have not missed any, then pregnancy is unlikely. As long as you have regular bleeds that is fine. Your symptoms sound more like spastic colon than anything to do with your periods.