Question
Posted by: CB | 2009-10-20

PowerPlate exercise saftety for women

Is exercising on a PowerPlate safe for women? I' ve heard that it can damage organs ,especially bad if planning to fall pregnant?

HI CB

No one really knows. there's some research, and the makers say that it's not unsafe, or rather that it is as safe as any exercise. I'm not convinced, particularly in pregnancy. The warning is there for pregnant women, so they'd advise caution themselves. Therefore, i'd avoid it if pregnant, until proven otherwise.

In terms of damaging organs, I don't think that's possible - the body is pretty well designed and durable. If you don't damage organs running 90km in Comrades marathons, then 10min of vibrations won't damage them either. However, in people who are not used to training at all, I would caution that the stress on the bones is significant, and should be minimized. Treat it like any exercise and manage how it gets used. Personally, I think there are many other machines I'd use before the Powerplate.

Ross

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009-10-27

HI CB

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: Fanta | 2009-10-22

hey there,
in the begining when i heard about power plate i thought it was a good thing especcialy after reading in one of the magazines that evan celebrities are using it
.......but after doing some research and talking to few people i found out that it is NOT GOOD for you whatsoever and it might damage your organs basicly it doesnt do anything good for you,

i heard that many years ago they were using power plate for astronauts to check they ability and get use to extremly sytuations in the space!!!!!...

so everytime i see someone at the gym iam about to sey something but than i prefer to bite my lips caue accually ther is no writen proof for the fact that it is " not good" ,
but whatever i wrote here it is what i heard and found out about it so i will suugest you to do some research aswell,
u know it is always better to found out byurselfe........take care

Reply to Fanta