Posted by: Curious | 2010-11-25

I did a demonstration on saturday with a Powerband and it seems to work. Unfortunately I couldnt buy one as they were out of stock,there available today. I cant find anything concrete on web,so is there anyone owning it? How are the benefits?

Hi Curious

There's no scientific basis for it. The demo they do is set up to "prove" that it works, but if you did that demonstration properly, and blinded the demonstrator as to whether he was using a powerband or a fake band, I can pretty much guarantee that it wouldn't work. Or, both would work. You could hold a pebble in your hand and if the guy doing the demo thought it was a Powerband, he'd end up "proving" that it works.

The bottom line is that those bands, like many gimmicks before them, work off a placebo effect and some clever physics of how they demonstrate it. Having said that, if people believe they work, then they work, because the mind is a powerful thing, and so much like superstition helps sportspeople perform, the bands have worked for people. But it's not because of the reasons they claim - simple placebo effect.

Posted by: PVS | 2010-11-30

Powerband is a mind thing there is no possible way (anatomy wise) that it works. is all in your head. Sorry to dissapoint you, but if you want you can go pay that lost of money for a piece of plastic.

Reply to PVS