Question
Posted by: Beginner | 2008/06/04

Power Plate

Is the Power Plate good or bad for you? Does it have any effect on cellulite or measurements? What does it do for you?

I do it for 10 minutes after every training session...am i wasting 10 minutes?

They have some merits, certainly. The problem is that the marketers go crazy and then next you know the machine does everything and anything you could ever want. So having initially developed as having quite good effects as a means for injury rehabilitation, it soon developed into a machine that was guaranteed to cause weight loss, improve fitness, immune function...you name it. And so the credibility is undermined by this exaggeration.

The only evidence that exists and that is credible and sound is for injury rehab and prevention, balance and joint strength. It's quite useful for that purpose. But for weight loss and fitness, the jury's still out. You'd have a hard time convincing me that it's better than cardio exercise like running or cycling or aerobics for weight loss purposes. So I don't believe that it's very effective for cellulite, particularly when the alternative is 10 minutes on the treadmill or a cycle.