Question
Posted by: natasha | 2012/09/26

pottie train

hi
Ek het n yorkie gekoop wat moet ek doen om haar te train lat sy nie in die huis moet poef of pee nie.asb kan jy jelp

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Natasha, lovely to hear from you and forgive me for replying in English, my Afrikaans skills are not good! What you need to do is go back to the beginning and start training all over again and I have supplied a link to an article on my site to help you do this. In between, clean every area soiled by the dog with a mixture of two thirds water to one third white vinegar (check if damages carpets first - shouldnt)Throughly soak the areas and sponge up with paper towels. Then put a few drops of pure citronella on soiled areas. If you clean with household products, many of these contain ammonia which is what is contained in urine, so you make area smell even more like a toilet! Link is http://www.friendsofthedog.co.za/house-training-your-puppy.html

2
Posted by: natasha | 2012/10/05

hi there do you think a cat litter box will help maybe se pee evry 5 to 10min i stay in nelspruit and its very hot here.please do you have some advice for me.ps. Why do dog sleep in a closet and not in there beds?

Reply to natasha
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012/09/27

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert