Question
Posted by: Tim | 2008/10/09

Posts 1656 &  1657 Panic /fear

I am being treated for panic disorder from 30 Sept and responding very well. No more fear/panic. I am still taking medication.

I am seeing my doctor at the end of Oct again for a followup.

My question is : Do I have to depend on this medication or this fear will go away untimately after completing the treatment?

Thank you.

"Depend" is a negative word. When you have a broken leg put in plaster, you don't usually speak of "depending" on the plaster --- you use it while its needed, and stop using it when its safe and sensible to do so. You will need to take the medication for some months, probably, and then when yous top gradually as directed by your doctor ( with whom, of course, you will discuss this carefully when next you meet him ) you will probably remain well. But don't stop too early or the symptoms are more likely to return