Question
Posted by: brad | 2011-06-13

postrate examination

Can u enlist the procedure/tests that a doctor may adopt in order to diagnose postrate enlargement. I want to be clear before i visit.

the results of the procedure can only be diagnosed by a doctor. hence, both the procedure and the diagnosis can only be made by a GP.

3
Posted by: sexologist | 2011-06-14

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: XXX | 2011-06-13

If the dr finds something abnormal then he might want to do a biopsy.This is done in the theatre whereby " some"  type of instrument (rather large) is inserted in the rectum so xrays can be taken.
He also sticks a long type of " wire"  up the penis with a tiny scissors on the end.He then snips a few small bits off the prostate for a biopsy.You are in and out of hospital on the same but that first pee is SERIOUSLY sore/burny.
From this they can establish whether it is cancerous or simply enlarged.Mine proved to be enlarged and an operation will be needed in the next year or so.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: jack | 2011-06-13

Brad, I have done it a month ago, the dr. will send you for a blood test call (PSA), he might also done a test by a lubricated glove finger push it up your anus to feel the prostate.(nothing sore just a bit uncovertable, it is your choice if you want it) After the result he can see if your proste is inlangerge. Mine is so I have to go for biopsy (also not sure what happen there)

Reply to jack