Question
Posted by: Desperate!!! | 2008/10/15

POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION MEDS!!!

Hi, I am a mother of 3 and my baby are now 14 months old. I am still breastfeeding and still using my postpartum depression meds " Aropax" . I am always hungry and have a sweet tooth. I am trying my best to cut down on the sugars and fizzy drinks, but still aren' t losing any weight. Can it be that the anti-depressants can make me hungry also? What must I do, I was never this fat before. Is it easier just to stop the breastfeeding??? I also wants to know how do I stop taking Aropax, because if I forget over weekends it makes me sick.

The antidepressants shouldn't really do this. The only thing to do is a strict diet and exercise program. Discuss with your psychiatrist before stopping Aropax. It should not be stopped suddenly.