Question
Posted by: mom | 2009/11/07

Postpartum bleeding

I gave birth six weeks ago. The delivery was normal and everything has been fine. I am also exclusively b-feeding. I have been bleeding since delivery and it was getting less. Round about day 33 I experienced some sharp pains by my ovaries. Slight bending would send a very bad pain around the pubic bone. On Thhursday day 39 I started bleeding more and still bleeding a lot- more like a heavy period. There are lots of clots coming out too. There is no pain anymore just the bleeding. Could it be ny period?

I strongly suggest that you consult your gynaecologist for an ultrasound of the pelvis and full examination.