Question
Posted by: Mathilda | 2012-07-23

Q.

Postoval

Good morning,

I''m on Postoval to get my period cycle back on schedule.

I''ve used postoval the first time in 2006, when we tried to have a baby. Seeing that I don''t have regular cycles at all, my FS thought that was the best way to get it back up and " running" . It helped.

So now we are trying for another baby and my cycle is, once again, not there.

I had a D& C last year July (2011). This was due to an internal scan which probe me to start my menstruation after a few months not having any. The bleeding lasted for more than a month.

So now I am back on postoval. It''s my 2nd week on it - have one white pill left before starting the orange ones. But I still haven''t had any bleeding?! This is really a concern to me as I don''t know why?!?!? Should I be concerned?

On the other hand I''ve developed some sort of ache on my left side of my body. Sneezing and coughing, turning around in bed, etc are now really painful.

I''m not sure if the two issues have something in common or if it''s two separate issues. The pain in the left side started after I''ve taken the postoval.

Please advise.

Expert's Reply

A.

If you have been on Postoval for two weeks, then I am not sure why you would be starting your period now. Usually this should happen 4 weeks after starting. I don't see that the pain is related.

2
user comments

C.

I've also started using postoval and I must say I'm also experiencing pain on the left side of my body, its 23:00 pm and I can't even sleep I'm tossing and turning my bosy is sore and I'm pretty sure its the side effects of this pills.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-07-30

Want to comment?