Posted by: Julize | 2009-01-21

Hi, had my last period on 6 Dec 2008. Preg test negative. Was on Clomid and got an Ovidrel injection. Dr prescribed Duphaston to bring on my period, but nothing happened. Now he prescribed Postoval. I am confused. What will this do and what IF I' m maybe pregnant and just doesn' t show yet?

Dear Julize

In the first instances the pregnancy has to be excluded in particular one that may be lodged in the fallopian tubes and therefore I suggest a blood pregnancy test as soon as possible. Furthermore the possibility of ovarian cysts needs to be considered which need to be ruled out by an ultrasound scan. Should both the above be negative then a short course of Primolut-N might be a better option to induce a withdrawal bleed.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Nanzi | 2009-07-22

I have been put on a 3 months prescription to regulate my cycle as i havent had a period for 3 months. How easy is it to fall pregnant while on Postoval?

Reply to Nanzi
Posted by: Julize | 2009-01-23

Hi, thank you for responding. I went for an vaginal ultrasound and the dr mentioned that my uterus is enlarged, which normally only happens when you are pregnant, except if you have fibroids, which he couldn' t find with the ultrasound. The placenta was also showing clearly that I should either be near to my period, or be pregnant. Still no period... 20 days late now. I wonder if it is possible that the test was done too early? I only had the yes/no bloodtest. Maybe I ovulated later? Ag, I' m so confused right now!

Reply to Julize
Posted by: Me | 2009-01-22

My dr had me on postoval as well. This regulates the hormones at the different times of your cycle. It got me bak on my periods and they are not heavy at all. The dr should be able to pick up a preganayc on a scan by now. Also, if you had blood tests and it is neg then I do not think you are prgnant. There should be a reason for you not having a period though. Try the Postoval

Reply to Me