Posted by: amy | 2009-06-02

i need advise on how to cope with postnatal depression,i am finding it hard,but pushing myself to bond with my the moment i dont know how i feel about her,its a roller coaster,im up and down.i can not sleep a wink,even when the doctors gave me sleeping tablets.this whole experience is a nightmare to me,please help

Sleeping tablets are not what you need. See a proper psychiatrist for assessment and confirmation of the diagnois, and then proper treatment of the PND, including antidepressant medication and CBT style counseling. As your depression lifts, your relationshuip with your child wil improve, and the counsellor can help you do this effectively and enjoyably.