Posted by: greg | 2009-08-26

post workout

Sorry Vanessa, I almost forgot to ask...

I have lunch at around 1 then. Boxing is at 5. I have dinner straight after so i thing that solves the post workout dilemma, however, on Fridays when I hit the gym (at 2:30), my lunch pretty much serves as a pre workout, but what about my post meal? I know my circumstance culminates that I should only eat 3 times a day, but what about after weights?

Thanks again....

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Greg

When training additionally to an IR problem I think you should certainly take a post workout meal – and I prefer it to be liquid – thus a protein shake with about 20-40 g protein and 12 g carbs, even on the days that you indicated that you have dinner immediately – you need the nutrition to be absorbed immediately – remember the tablets will now help you – eat you dinner then an hour or 2 later.

Good luck and keep me posted!