Posted by: simon | 2008-11-08

post traumatic stress

my mom was murdered 9 years ago. I have oubursts and do not feel I deseve to be loved or have a family. What non-medication therapy can be used?

CBT. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, would probbly be ideal ( and the Depression/Anxiety Support group has lists of some of the shrinks who can provide this ) --- it is especially suitable for helping one to learn to change habits of thought and behaviour which are, as in the example you describe, unfair and unhelpful. You can discover that you do indeed deserve to be loved, and to raise a loving family. medication would not help, unless you happen to also have a Depression or anxiety disorder, and even those are both often effectively treatable with CBT alone