Question
Posted by: Karin Ellis | 2010/03/28

Post trauma anxiety

Good day

My mother had a discectomy in January 2010 she has recovered well but is bothered with constant nausia and something like panic attacks. She fits in with the gad example. Her GP gave her ativan dissovable tablet under the tongue and also something called Deparoc 20 mg. I think she just gets panic attacks which is causing the nausea.

I am not a doctor but i believe if we get the panic under controll the nausea will also go away.
I would appreciate your insite
Thanks Karin

Deparoc is an SSRI antidepressant, paroxetine ( also sold as Aropax and other names.
Without a careful in-person assessment, it is not wise to guess why she has these symptoms. Anxiety, arising for whatever reason, can amplify nausea from whatever cause, and nausea can indeed be part of anxiety symptoms ; and having nausea from other causes can cause anxiety, too.

1