Question
Posted by: Thandi | 2010-08-19

Post tonsillectomy

Dear Doc, Im 32years old female. I''ve had tonsillectomy 2 days ago. Didnt have any complications, ate straight away. But now i''m expiriencing soar chest more like my lungs are paining, when i move, get up or trying to lie down. Its even hard to walk up straight. What would be the cause of this?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Thandi

You may be getting a chest infection, as these are not the symptoms normally associated with post tonsillectomy complications. It is normal to experience severe pain a few days after the surgery, but this relates directly to the wound bed in the throat area. Please contact your surgeon directly for advice.