Posted by: nana | 2009-04-20

Hi, on the 24/02/2009 we were informed that our posts will be redundant we were about 5 ppl in our deprt...before this the management have been trying to get rid of me due to my hiv status though they didnt say directly but they refered to my sick leave what they did they placed everybody withing the department except for me and above all this I was a top perfomer consistently..I feel victimised as bottom performers have all been place I want to know if they have a right to this and was is my legal right they want to take me to another department that is less paying ...the worse thing is they employed ppl in the deprrtm after. pls advice urgently.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

They need to follow Section 189 of the Labour Relations Act. If they don't follow it properly you have a right to approach the CCMA.