Posted by: aylo | 2008-11-04

post pregnancy state

i' ve given birth 3 months ago and have about 11 kg' s to loose, i' ve started gyming three times a week and am hoplessly green on this subject. please can u advise me on what steps i can follow to loose this weight soon. also could any of what i' m carrying be due to water retention?? my rings won' t fit and my feet are still bit chubbier than their usual!! please help :(

Dear Aylo
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. I presume you are NOT breastfeeding? if you are then I would recommend that you first complete breastfeeding before you go on a diet. If you are not breastfeeding then going to the gym 3 times a week and doing plenty of cardio exercises is an excellent start to losing weight, but you also need to reduce your energy intake. Try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). If you suspect that you are suffering from water retention because of your swollen fingers and feet, then please see the dr who looked after your pregnancy because you may need some treatment like a mild diuretic to reduce the swelling.