Question
Posted by: Gabrielle | 2009/10/21

Post-Pneumonia Problems

Hi Doc. Two months ago, I was in hospital for 7 days, 3 of which were spent in ICU, with agressive, double pneumonia (bacterial).
My follow-up x-ray, a month ago, showed that my lungs were looking clear. However, shortly after that, I have developed a hyper sensitivity to smells - cigarette smoke, braai smoke, dust etc, which causes my cheast to become painful and a metallic taste develops in my mouth. Is there anything you can suggest I do or use that can help calm this hypersensitivity please? Thanks!

Hallo Gabrielle
This is not uncommon after a lung infection. You may need to use medication to prevent spasm of the airways. Please discuss with your doctor as you will need a prescription. The metallic taste could be due to traces of blood in the phlegm from the chest or from a post nasal drip.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/21

Hallo Gabrielle

Reply to cyberdoc