Question
Posted by: Chloe | 2009-03-12

Post-Pill miscarriage risk?

Dear Doc, I recently read an article suggesting that women should wait 3 months after stopping the Pill before trying to conceive, in order to avoid miscarriages. Is there really an increased risk of miscarriage in the first three months after stopping the Pill? I' d like to know as I have just stopped the Pill and am hoping for a baby.
Thanks, Chloe.

Periods are often irregular for the first 3 months after stopping the Pill and the chances of pregnancy are less in this time. I don't think that you have to take specific precautions to avoid falling pregnant in this time.