Question
Posted by: CONCERNED MOM | 2011/06/23

POST PARTUM PSHYCOSIS: FEEBACK

Hi CS

I''m sure you''ll recall my plea''s for help and guidance when my daughter suffered from this very frightening condition afte the birth of her baby.

Just wanted to let you know that she is doing very well indeed. Her and baby have bonded so well, and it really warms my heartstrings to see them playing together and her loving and cuddling her precious little bundle. A FAR cry from the mother who wanted nothing to do with her child, and wanted us to " make it go away" . My grandchild is now 9 months old. I''m not sure that she will have another baby, because the road she (and us as parents!) travelled has been very tough, and I know she is frightened to go back there? But that''s OK!

Because of her relapse soon fter returning to work, unfortunately she was not able to continue at work and had to resign, but it is always my belief that God has a plan, and that things happen for a bigger reason. Although I could not see the reason at the time why we were having to walk that ifficult path, I now do. She is now in the process (with the help of her amazing father and myself) of setting up a business which she is working from home, and is the happiest she has been in a very long time.

Thank you for your caring and helpful advice.

May you be blessed.

Thank you so very much, CM! I am truly delighted to hear that she's doing so well, and I'm sure our other regular readers will be pleased, too.
I hope all your good plans for the future work out.
Decisions about possibly having another child don't have to be made now. One loved child is splendid enough. There is an increased risk of a further post-partum psychosis in a future pregnancy ( increased risk, not a certainty ) but it can be better managed if anticipated and watched for ).
Thank you so much for the excellent feedback, which is satisfying for us all. If I was helpful in any way, then I'm delighted.

1