Question
Posted by: CONCERNED MOTHER | 2011-01-25

POST PARTUM DEPRESSION

Thanks CS for your response. Yes she is being seeing by a pshyciatrist and a pshycologist who are both fully informed of the situation by myself.

As a mother, where can I go to seek help in seeing the wood from the trees. I don''t know who to turn to and I feel like I no longer have the strength to keep up this pretence on the outside. I''m falling apart, so too her father. Please offer me advice on who to see - I am so sick with worry I can no longer function in my job.

You are very clearly an excellent mother doing more than can be expected to be helpful. Ask her shrinks whether there is someone you can speak to for helpful counselling. And call the Anxiety/Depression Support Group ( number on these pages ) which may well have a support group within reach, where you could usefully take part.

4
Posted by: Purple | 2011-01-26

Oh no.

Ask her psychiatrist or your GP for a referral to someone you can see.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: CONCEREND MOTHER | 2011-01-25

Purple, that is exactly my concern. Because I am no longer being able to be strong (and keep up the pretence on the outside) I fear that this is affecting her adversely seeing me and her father like this. I don''t know how to support her when I can barely support myself at this point. here is no depressin and anxiety group in my area eitjher.

Reply to CONCEREND MOTHER
Posted by: Purple | 2011-01-25

Can the people treating her not treat you too or refer you to someone for help.

I think that returning to work from maternity leave can restart depression or be the catalyst for some people. You sort of feel pretty useless as a mother and so start to think that its better that someone else cares for baby while you work because you can''t do it anyway.

She is lucky to have a mother as supportive as you.

Reply to Purple