Question
Posted by: Jeane | 2008/07/16

post partum depression

I lost a baby at 6 months pregnancy - doctor prescribed Cipralex 10 mg, after I also began getting panic attacks. I've been on the Cipralex for 2 months - How will I know if I am really feeling better, or if it is only the pills making me cope with everything. I want to get pregnant in a month or two, but don't want to risk not taking the medication, if I'm not ready. Doctor said it's safe to use Cipralex when pregnant, but I'm so scared to risk anything in next pregnancy.

The pills don't make you cope, then enable you to cope, using your own stengths and resources. If you have ben orking with a GP, rather see a specialist psychiatrist for a second opinion before planning a new pregnancy and for a second op[inion about the safety of taking an antidepressant during pregnancy. And explore the availability of CBT counselling, which can help greatly and is of course entirely safe durign pregnancy