Question
Posted by: Mum2be | 2011/01/06

Post Partum Belly Advice

I''m 4 months pregnant and just curious about belly wrapping and girdles after giving birth. Is there any time frame that I should wait before using one of these items? Are there any risks involved in using a girdle? Will it help me regain my shape? Any other recommendations will be appreciated.
Thank you!

There arent any risks but Í'm not sure that it really helps with regaining your shape. Exercise will do that.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2011/01/09

Only excercise will truly help you to get a flat stomach again. using support panties might make you look slimmer while you are wearing them but won''t make a difference long term (and quite frankly they hurt and give you a " muffin top:"  anyway).

Breastfeeding also helps your womb to contract faster.

If you have a c-section you can excercise from about 6 - 8 weeks and with natural birth from a few days after birth, but in reality, you aren''t really going to feel up to it until about 3 or 4 weeks when you have adjusted a bit.

Reply to Purple