Question
Posted by: Jes | 2012/06/07

Post natal depression

Dear doc

I suffered PND with my first born. I took Cillift throughout my 2nd pregnancy to help with this an in order to prevent the pnd from re acurring. I was fine with my 2nd, had a bit of blues and mild depression, but just continued with my cillift 20mg and felt better after a few weeks.

I gave birth 2 weeks ago and def have pnd again :-( My gp advised that i up my dose to 40mg. I''''m just scared of upping the dose. Will it be okay?

He has also prescribed Depramil as apparently the Cillift isn''''t available in 40mg. So i''''ll start with the cillift i have (2 tabs 40mg) and then when its finished go over to the depramil. Will it be fine?

Thanks for reading

Depramil is a generic for Cilift and has the same ingredients. You can take 40 mg for a while.

1