Posted by: lime | 2009-07-31

Post natal bleeding

I just had a baby through normal delivery 2 1/2 weeks ago. My doctor said i should expect to have post natal bleeding for up-to 6 weeks or even more. Well, i just bled for two weeks and on the first day of this week i got a sort of bloody lump, like thick clotted blood and then the bleeding stopped. My sister says that that could mean i still have some blood clots in there and that it could be dangerous but my other sister says that it is possible that i could be finished with post natal bleeding.
Is it really ok or could i really have some blood clotted in my womb??
How long should i have post natal bleeding???

If the bleeding has now stopped, there is no need to worry.What you have described sounds normal.