Question
Posted by: jaja | 2008/06/01

post nasal drip & halitosis

Please advise what medication can be taken for Halitosis resulting from post nasal drip. The halitosis is extremely severe and we have consulted with an ENT specialist as well as various GP's. No-one seems to prescribe anything that can help, but everyone has confirmed that the halitosis is stemming from a post nasal drip.

Please give us a specific name of medication that works 100%.

thanks

Dear Jaja
Try using Beconase aqeous nasal spray twice a day long term and Loratidine at night - will take a week or 3 before you will see the difference.

2
Posted by: Shelly | 2009/05/08

I have been getting this awful smell in my nose for about 2-3 weeks now! I can even taste it at the back of my throat! its so disgusting! at first, it started with the smell and i was geting headaches and pain behind my eye and cheek on the left side. That has all subsided but now Im left with the smell! my nose is not blocked, I can still smell perfectly fine, but i also smell the bad smell! lol! i know it sounds funny but i am desperate to know wat it is!

HELP ME!!!

Reply to Shelly
Posted by: Brian | 2009/02/19

My oral hygiene is perfect: i.e. i visiit a dentist after every 6 months, i am brushing my teeth twice a day, i am using mouth wash &  sometimes i Gurgle using ' salt'  water.
been to an ' ENT'  surgeon, and my sinuses are clear, i have no issues with my tonsils either.
fact is that i am suffering from an acute halitosis and ' Post nasal drip'  - ' ENT'  surgeon prescribed me some tablets and something for my nasal passeges.
Question is: can post nasal drip be the only cause?

Reply to Brian