Question
Posted by: Irka | 2008/10/29

Post Nasal Drip &  Cough

Please help. I' m battling with a sinus type of post nasal drip which is causing dry &  itchy cough. I have a very stiff body from all the coughing and a constant headache  also a stiff neck which is not helping the headache. No medical aid and doctor too expensive. Am taking Etirizine 10mg once a day but it is not helping. I have a sore throat from coughing. I need something to dry the drip and hopefully the cough might ease.

Dear Irka
Try sniffing salt water ( make a mixture of 1 cup of luke warm water and half a teaspoon of salt) - sniff up into the nose and blow out until the water comes out clean. Do this 3 times a day if possible. Try using echinacea or viral choice C or viral eeze, Benylin cough syrup and sudafed. If you have fever or the phlegm is yellow and thick you may need antibiotics and should see a doctor.