Question
Posted by: miekie | 2012/09/05

Post nasal drip

Hi doc
I''m have chronic rhinitus. Having a post nasal drip,ear and throat infection, cough now for 3 weeks. Finished 2 courses of antibiotics as well as anti-viral meds. Am using a cortico-steriod nasal spray and and. Why do I still have symptoms? Also had a scan of sinuses, which showed I have a broken septum and inflammation. Can''t go for operation now, because of overseas trip. Any suggestions please.

Miekie

Unfortunately, the treatment of your chronic sinusitis, will be an operation to straighten the nasal septum and to drain the sinusses. Until then, you can continue with the medication that you are currently using.