Posted by: Anon | 2010-06-03

post nasal drip

Hi there.I have a post nasal drip that always causes me to cough.I have used so many things but nothing has really helped it to dry and if it does not dry i keep on coughing for weeks on end.Please help me, what can i use thats good and that will dry the drip?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Anon
your body requires a certain amount of post nasal drip to keep the air that you inhale both moist and warm. If the amount increases, or the consistancy changes, you will become aware of it. You need a full ENT examination to establish a cause, as it is never a good idea to dry up the drip completely.
Treatment can only be suggested after a diagnosis is made.

Posted by: Tumi | 2010-06-29

Hi i have post nasal drip and every morning when i wake up i cough out some yellowish and green mucus. this has coused me to have a very strong bad breath. i bush my teeth 2 times a day and guggle but still the smell is still there, and it starts 10 minute after brushing and all day long. people say they can even smell it when my mouth is closed. this problem has affected my self-estem in a very bad way. i am even embaressed to talk to people at work couse they always cover their nose or make funny actions on their face when i am sitting next to them or trying to talk to them.

please help...

Reply to Tumi