Question
Posted by: MK | 2012/01/12

Post Mirena Complications

I had Mirena inserted in 2008, Sept. (Gynae advice). Last year August i took it out. I was developing pulpations and hair loss which was due to Mirena. Between Sptember and now i have suddenly gained up to 8kg (which doesnt go away no matter how much i go to gym or eat healthy, instead i gain even more) and my tummy is so bloated i look 4 months pregnant (which i''m not).

This whole situation has caused me so much depression. I''ve been to the Doc, and she tells me its hormone imbalance (which she doesnt believe i should be put on medication for, nature must take its cause....). I''ve also been to a homeotherapist, who has given me a complex which i''ve been using for the past 4 months, but yields no results.

What can i do? Plz help.....

You have not told me what your periods are like. If they are regular, this would be against a hormone imbalance. Some women complain of weight gain due to the Mirena, not after stopping it. If your doctor has not found a specific problem. DietDoc may be able to give you some advice.

1