Question
Posted by: Lydia | 2010-07-26

Post menstruation depression

which suppliments can i take to minimise the effects of post menstrual deppression?

OK, you are naming a condition that isn't a recognized separate diagnosis. Many women experience mood problems relating to different stages of the menstrual cycle and different hormonal levels but probably most often either at the time of menstruation or mid-cycle. A psychiatrist, or perhaps a gynaecologist with an unusual interest in psychological aspects of hormones, would be best placed to do a useful assessment and discuss possibly useful interventions.
I have seen absolutely no good evidence that ANY "supplement" is useful in any mood disorder or hormonal disorder, and some cause real complications. Products are usually called a "supplement" NOT because they contain any natural substance one's system might need more of, but because the requirements to prove efectiveness and safety for a Supplement are, irresponsibly, almost non-existent, as are controls on advertising claims.

3
Posted by: Ruby | 2010-07-26

You should try evening primrose oil, salmon oil &  B vitamins - they really do help. I know, I used to suffer TERRIBLE PMS mood swings! Also check out this website, it''s really helpful - I read her book. www dot marilynglenville dot com.
Good luck - persevere, you can fight PMS mood swings!

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: Maria | 2010-07-26

Do you mean pre-menstrual depression? Have you tried speaking to your gynae and/or pharmacist?

Reply to Maria