Question
Posted by: Mrs K | 2008/09/27

post menopause bleed

I am a 52 year old middle class white lady who went through menopause at the age of about 40. I have been symptom free and have never struggled with any form of " menopause problems" . A real blessing, I know! About 3 weeks ago my breasts began to feel very tender and swollen - much like when I started on HRT. I have not taken any HRT for at least 7 years. I am taking no other from of supplements other than multi vits, calcium, Omega 3 &  vit C. This morning I started a small bleed and my breasts feel less tender, much like the relief one may feel at the start of a period. What could be the cause of this? Many thanks!

You need to see a gynaeocologist as soon as possible. Any postmenopausal bleed must be investigated as cancer of the uterus or cervix is one of the causes.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/19

I stopped menstruating 2 years ago and it was recently found that I am post menopausal. I was placed on hormone treatment (patches) and only one week after I started using the patches I started menstruating again. Is that normal?