Question
Posted by: anne | 2009-09-15

post marriage blues

I' ve been hearing about post marriage blues and just want to know what exactly the signs for this depression are.
I' ve been married for almost two years and everything was fine until about a year and a half later into marriage. I sometimes feel just like crying the whole time and don' t want anything to do with my husband. I do not feel attacted to him or love him when I am like this. I sometimes feel like this for a week. I can be fine in the morning and by the afternoon I would suddenly feel this way and then the feeling would just dissapear like that again. When I feel like this, I think to myself that marriage isn' t for me and that I made a mistake and should get a divorce.

There is no such form of depression. Depression is a common condition, always diagnosed acordin to the same criteria, and reconized in the same way. It may occur at any stage of life, whether after, before, or during marriage. There's no particular process that makes anyone depressed at a particular time after mariage. See a doc for an asessment as to whether you may be depressed, and see a counselor to work on your feelings and confusions.

2
Posted by: Bee | 2009-09-18

It feels like I could have written this email. I am experiencing a ' hate week'  where I don' t want my husband to look at me, hate sleeping next to him and just generally wonder why the hell I married him. Then tomorrow I love him again and all is good. weird!

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Bee | 2009-09-18

Reply to Bee