Question
Posted by: Mich | 2008/08/15

Post laparoscopy endometriosis infertili

I have been trying to fall pregnant for 1yr 6months. I found out 2 months ago i have endomeetriosis and went to get it removed it is mainly situated in my uterine ligaments, the gynie removed what she could, she also said that my left ovary and tube are fused, yet the right side is fine.

What are my chances of falling pregnant naturally?
Would going on Clomid help?

Dear Mich

The problem with endometriosis is that it should be viewed as 3 dimensional disease and especially were there already exist some degree of anatomical distortion, the environment of the pelvis in general is not conducive to natural conception. Also should conception occur the risk of an ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in the tube) on the left side appears to be significantly high. My advise would be to consider 3 cycles of intrauterine insemination (IUI) with ovarian stimulation should the sperm analysis result be normal. Should the IUI attempts fail then in-vitro fertilization maybe your best option.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim