Posted by: Danny | 2009-03-28

post injection lump painful after weeks

I had very bad stomach cramps four weeks ago and went to the emergency room - I thought it might be an appendix or something! Turns out it was just a bad tummy bug. They gave me a shot in each bum cheek (quite high up - why don' t they inject in the soft fatty area?) One shot was for cramps and one for general pain (I think) I was perfectly fine two days later, but four weeks later I still have a painful lump (when touched) where the one injection was given. Both injection sites bruised quite badly - the one that remains sore was maybe a little more bruised. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? Is it just scasr tissue on the muscle?
Thank you for your help

The injection site for a gluteal inter-muscular injection is the upper outer quadrant of the gluteal area. If you are concerned, consult a doctor.